Why should you take this course?
Under the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety, “a fork lift truck must be operated only by an operator who has undergone training” (section 256.3).
Safe Operation of a Lift Truck
- Know the applicable regulations.
- Identify dangers, implement prevention measures, and monitor the workplace.
- Use capacity plates to respect the lift truck’s operational limits.
- Understand the elements that affect the lift truck’s stability.
- Learn the rules that govern driving and handling loads.
- Be aware of safety measures when refuelling.
- Know the rules that must be followed when lifting workers with a lift truck.
- Description of the lift truck
- Stability (factors that affect the movement of the centre of gravity)
- Capacity plate
- Fuel options
- Safety equipment
- Operating a lift truck (inspection and driving)
- Handling loads (general rules, stacking, and unstacking)
- Lifting workers
- Work environment
- Ergonomic risks
This training interests you?