It Pays to Manage CSST Funding!
The funding department is a service offered at Le Groupe ACCIsst that helps you better understand the CSST rate regime.
Various themes can be observed, such as:
- Audits and recommendations regarding insurable earnings
- Study of your financial classification
- Acquisition of the enterprise status connected with the area of authority (provincial or federal)
- Analysis, verification, and recommendations regarding the calculation of a personalized rate
- Simulation of the financial impact of an injury on your employer file
- Analysis and recommendations during mergers, divisions, or acquisitions of companies
- Representation at the CSST
- Monitoring of the performance of the group and of each of the individual employers
- Application of compliance of contractual commitments with the CSST and obligations related to employers grouped into mutuals
- Performance of annual assessments required by the CSST when requesting the renewal of mutuals
Various modes of pricing:
- Unit price rate
Your contribution is calculated based on the rate of the unit under which your enterprise’s activities are classified The unit rate is set based on the average provincial rate decreed each year by the CSST and from the standpoint of (not necessary) the cost of employment injuries associated with your enterprise’s unit
- Personalized rate method
The contribution is calculated based on a personalized rate—the rate of the unit under which your enterprise’s activities are classified and adjusted to take into account the employer’s prevention and return-to-work efforts for the victims of employment injuries. The personalized rate method is designed for medium and large enterprises with an annual premium that is generally between $7,000 and $400,000.
- The retrospective rate method
The objective of this method consists of making the employer’s annual contribution correspond as much as possible to the real expenses of the employment injuries associated with the employer. Consequently, your contribution for a year will be eventually adjusted to take into account the real cost of employment injuries that occurred only in your enterprise in that same year. To summarize, we could say that an enterprise subject to this regime sees its rate entirely personalized by the CSST. The retrospective ratemaking method is designed for very large companies whose annual contributions are generally more than $400,000. Several conditions apply in order to know if a company may be subject to this ratemaking method or not.
Refer a client to us and
on your next renewal invoice!
Did you know?
It is not unusual to see employees in enterprises circumventing safety guards or allowing machines to operate after eliminating or neutralizing the technologies that ensure emergency shut-offs.