Why should you take this course?
Under the Regulation respecting occupational health and safety, ”An overhead travelling crane must be operated exclusively by an operator who has received theoretical and practical training given by an instructor” (section 254.1).
Rigging and Lifting Devices
- Know the applicable regulations
- Differentiate between the various lifting devices
- Inspect lifting equipment and accessories before use and follow a preventive maintenance program
- Use safe working methods to lift, move, and land loads
- Types of lifting devices
- Inspection of lifting devices
- Driving lifting devices
- Universal signalling system
- Slings and how to inspect them
- Hoisting accessories
- Lifting loads
- Sling angle
This training interests you?